Thursday, July 7, 2016

Camp Day - July 4, 2016

So last Thursday morning, what do I do while I'm currently unemployed at 0600? Wake up and check the classifieds? Nope. I head to Chambers Bay golf course, and play 18 holes. Good news it's NOT my first time on a golf course. It's my second. Anyways, had a great time. My caddy nearly fainted when I bogeyed the first hole, and the group hated me when I parred the 17th hole. Oh, I had my fair share of ugly golf, but being a beginner sure has it's advantages. I don't really give a shit...

So then on Saturday morning, my friend from Marysville comes down for a visit. We hit the Puyallup farmers market and have a great time, but then I have to jet, because I'm headed to a dinner at a friends house. Turns out that friend owns four horses, and when she discovered that I have never ridden a horse, I'm invited a couple hours before dinner to get that new experience as well. So I cram the night before by watching John Wayne in True Grit. Riding a horse is a lot different than a bike. The horse is alive, and very sensitive. And powerful. I had a great time, would do it again, as well as play golf...

So I'm listing these new activities that I've done, because when I figure out the google slides on my laptop, I'll be creating a BRS Activities Bucket List. New events, activities that people are interested in trying out.

So with all that excitement last week, I wake-up early Sunday morning, and head out for a bike ride from Puyallup to Orting. No planning, just called up a friend, and she was free, and voila 30 min later out on the bike. Got home a bit tired, took a nap, and woke up with First Class in my living room. He was in town working in Auburn over the weekend. We shoot the shit, and early Monday morning Gerald and I are starting the first annual BRS Camp Day!

Camp Day starts with food club. Gotta make a big breakfast. Eggs, bacon, potatoes, coffee, coffee w/whiskey, toast, fruit. Then off for a 2hr 15 min ride to Renton, and back around Mercer Is. Awesome, quiet roads. Next up (was my favorite) flute duets! That took the place of morning general swim, but we sounded half decent! Lunch was next. Lobster rolls, on toasted New England rolls and potato chips. Watched Far From Maddening Crowd for siesta time. Then it was 3rd period where we jogged up the hill to Jefferson Park. Great view. Jogged back down, and I gave the Vespers speech entitled "Me and TV". Dinner was awesome. Grilled king and sockeye salmon, bell peppers, bread, brussel sprouts, and sour cream and chive mashed potatoes. Delicious. I had some leftovers for lunch today, just awesome. After dinner, it was Taps. Great day.

Tuesday, First Class and I had the morning free. Got inspired by Wimbledon, and went to PLU courts to play tennis. I was fresh off a half-year calf injury, First Class was fresh off "off-court" issues, but the tennis was back on! I won 6-1. It was fun to win, but it's so much more fun to win against First Class! It's been that way ever since 1st grade. Probably will when we are in an old folks home too. So Wed, before First Class took off, we had our usual lunch at Vien Dong. So today, I crashed with a 2.5 hrs nap. I finally feel like I caught up on some rest with a full week of fun, but I look forward to even more fun to come. Summer has started out just right.

No comments:

Post a Comment